Electronic properties of semiconductors and devices and Thermal Analysis of materials
- Cognitive studies in Physics.
- Development of teaching activities (traditional and advanced technology).
- Development of integrated learning environments.
1. Closed-loop TV circuit with capability of mixing sound and video in digital format (DVD), 4 SONY cameras, ZOOM 6x, video mixing console, U'matic video 3/4 250 lines.
2. Portable color video recorder JV-VHS 250 lines and video camera JVC KY-610, f = 1.4, ZOOM 10x.
3. Stereo color TV set (46").
4. Portable sound mixers (4 & 6 channels), directional and ambient microphones.
5. Devices for demonstration experiments in the fields of Mechanics, Electricity, Magnetism and Fluids.
6. Projectors for still and moving images.
7. A collection of videotapes VHS and DVD with experiments in Physics and a collection videotaped past student presentations.
8. Setups for on line measurements (MBL) and projection of educational activities.
The research activities of the Thermal Analysis lab are:
•Thermal characterization of materials in the temperature range –150 till 1750 oC. The studied materials cover a large are such as: semiconductors, magnetic materials, rocks, polymers, ceramics, biomaterials etc.
•Kinetic study of amorphous materials
•Kinetic study of phase transformation and decomposition
And specifically with:
•Thermal characterization of polymers - biocompatible polymers - nanocomposite polymers. Kinetic study of the crystallization of these materials. Study of thermal stability and kinetics of thermal degradation.
•Study of metal’s oxidation, coatings oxidation in high temperatures. Kinetic study of oxidation.
The equipments of the Thermal Analysis lab are:
1.Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC), SETARAM-DSC 141, which covers the temperature area –150 till 550 oC
2.Thermogravimetry (TGA), SETARAM SetSys 16/18 TG-DTA, which covers the temperature area 20 till 1750 oC