Theoretical Solid State Physics, Electronic Properties of Solids, Didactics of Physics
Quantum dots and nanowires are widely studied due to their potential electrical and/or optical properties.
Their successfull and reproducible fabrication still remains a challenge for the scientists
The scientific activity of our group involves: Atomistic modelling, determination of atom equilibrium positions with simulation methods, electronic state and optical property evaluation.
- Cognitive studies in Physics.
- Development of teaching activities (traditional and advanced technology).
- Development of integrated learning environments.
1. Closed-loop TV circuit with capability of mixing sound and video in digital format (DVD), 4 SONY cameras, ZOOM 6x, video mixing console, U'matic video 3/4 250 lines.
2. Portable color video recorder JV-VHS 250 lines and video camera JVC KY-610, f = 1.4, ZOOM 10x.
3. Stereo color TV set (46").
4. Portable sound mixers (4 & 6 channels), directional and ambient microphones.
5. Devices for demonstration experiments in the fields of Mechanics, Electricity, Magnetism and Fluids.
6. Projectors for still and moving images.
7. A collection of videotapes VHS and DVD with experiments in Physics and a collection videotaped past student presentations.
8. Setups for on line measurements (MBL) and projection of educational activities.
PC Lab with parallel processing. Consists of 32 PCs (Intel Core 2 Duo, 64 processors), Total RAM 128 Gb, Storage Space 6.7 Tb, Operating System Scientific Linux.