· Introduction to renewable and conventional sources of energy: Energy reserves. Energy planning. Management and energy storage.
· Fuel cells – heat pumps. Impact of conventional energy sources on air quality and climate.
· Solar energy: Theoretical foundation of the radiative transfer. Spatial and temporal variations of solar radiation. Measurement of solar radiation.
· Estimation of the solar power on horizontal, inclined and sun-tracking surfaces.
· System for collection and conversion of solar energy. Direct conversion into heat. Applications.
· Space heating. Solar condensers. Conversion of solar radiation into other forms of energy.
· Wind energy: Theoretical foundation: forces, power, performance, spatial and temporal variations of wind.
· Wind turbines: Ideal and real rotor. Power production from wind turbines. Estimation of wind velocity with height.
· Assessment of wind power potential over an area. Statistical analysis of wind. Wind farms.
· Other renewable sources (geothermal, tides, waves, biomass).
· Renewable energy resources in Greece. Applications and prospects.