1. "Speckle phenomena": Relating to the properties (statistically) of light (partial coherence and coherence) and the statistics of surfaces where the light is reflected or refracted. Our research is concerned with "Speckle" interferometry issues and optical image processing with carriers the "grains" of "Speckle".
2. Optical Image Processing: This is based on a general view of the scalar theory of diffraction of light in classical optics, which is called Furrier Optics. Our operations are mainly concerned with the research of methods of observing phase objects (e.g. transparent materials with variable refractive index).
3. Photorefractive Crystals: In these crystals phase gratings may be recorded. These phase gratings are carriers of record, storage and optical image processing. In specific sections of these crystals gratings are recorded versus the orientation of vector grating and versus the high voltage that is applied at their ends. With incidence in the grating of a proper light beam, the recorded information is reproduced via diffraction. We study the diffraction efficiency of gratings and the polarization properties of the diffracted beam, in terms of the polarization state of the incident beam, and other properties of phase gratings.
4.Physical Properties of Crystals: Here we are dealing with crystals which are: electro-optic, (Pockel effect), photo-elastic (via the inverse piezoelectric effect), optical-active, shows linear electro-gyration effect, etc. Using specified optical experimental arrangements we measure: The dispersion (depending on the wavelength) in the visible region of the electromagnetic spectrum: a) The refractive indices of crystals, b) The optical activity, c) The electro-optical coefficients and d) The electro-gyration coefficients.
1. Optical and mechanical systems controlled by PC
2. Optical components and systems
3. Sources of Light and Lasers
4. Electronic Systems (oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
5. Monochromators, spectrometers
6. Full range of microscopes
7. Diffractometers, interferometers and other optical instruments